Blogger Widgets

Love you, evermore

It's winter time here in India during February. And it was this time of the year a decade ago when a journey from friendship to courtship had begun which now has moved into marriage. Since my husband and I would be celebrating 10 years this year, to that moment in winter when we confessed our feelings, my mind is full of those memories. Thank you Poetry Jam for giving this prompt.

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ 

Wintry evening stroll so nice,
Holding her hand,
He said, stuttering thrice,
“That feeling in you,
Is a part of mine,
On this day and forever,
Will you be my Valentine?”

For her, the world stood still,

The cold breeze kissed her face,
Asked her to commit a yes.

Standing under the single lit lamp-post 

Quietly for minutes, so long,
She said, fighting the frost,
“This feeling in me,
Is a part of you, I know,
Since this day, until eternity,
I would love you, evermore.”


Submitting to Poetry Jam - Tis Season

© Copyright Salvwi Prasad (POETICbug)

Creative Commons Licence

23 comments:

  1. Solid Piece! I like the cold breeze kiss..

    My poem is just free verse. I try to limit my words. In this one I was also just playing with the shape. Thanks for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely and heart-felt poetic tale; and thank you so much for sharing your 10-year anniversary with us!

      Delete
  2. Ah yes, Valentine, the season of love and my birthday is the 11th; Thanks for dropping in to read mine. i linked both to Toads and Poetry Jam

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gillena. It is a pleasure reading your poem. :)

      Delete
  3. This is a wonderful Valentine memory and so well done. I hope you can share this with your husband. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This piece of writing is just woww.. i loved the dialogues that you've quoted..

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary! I enjoyed the way your made the scene alive for us and the two points of view.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary. Well written.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful poem :) Happy anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a happy day and a happy ever after. winter is the best time for valentines day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you artbyrae. Definitely winter has the air of love in it. :)

      Delete
  9. a beautiful love poem...and congratulations on 10 years...that is awesome....we are coming up on 21 in May...it was this time of year though that i met my wife...February to be exact...in the midst of a snow storm....i love the paired verses in the dialogue of this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. running late to the poetry jam prompt but glad i read yours...smiles.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Brian. Advance wishes to you too. :) Probably in the snow storm you got the calmness of your life. :)

      Delete
  10. A beautiful moment captured well. Winter rages outside, but the two hearts warm one another...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments help me improve.

You may also like to read

Creative Commons Licence
All posts of this blog by Salvwi Prasad is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 India License