Blogger Widgets

What’s in my name?

What’s in my name?
I was curious once,
I asked many,
Illiterate and learned ones,

They said,
It says all about you,

Your name is your religion,
Your caste too,
And sometimes the country,
You belong to,

Your name is your fate,
To live or die,
When they clash about,
A silly lie.

Your name decides,
Whom to love,
One mistaken chance,
And you are killed by the mob.

Your name states,
You’re from a different land,
While you befriend all,
You're still the sore they can’t stand.

That was all,
I thought to be,
When they said,
Your name also carries,
Your family legacy.

So when time falls,
Your name will be the key,
Even a gruesome sin,
But you will be let free.

I asked them,
“Stop”;
No more to know,
I erased all I heard
And returned to zero

What’s in my name?
I was curious again,
This time, I asked none,
It is but only my parents’ love for me,
And my onus to give it,
The identity of who I want to be.

©Copyright Salvwi Prasad [POETICbug]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments help me improve.

You may also like to read

Creative Commons Licence
All posts of this blog by Salvwi Prasad is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 India License