Blogger Widgets

A Conversation with my shadow

In arms of the lonely night,
When the cricket sounds loud,
I acquaint the empty street,
Where a single lamp-post stands lit,
Each day I pass by the lighted patch,
And cross the darkness after that.

Today I hear a hushed voice calling,
I stop to find only the stranded land dwelling,
“You look down upon me every day”,
States the voice grieved.
I look down in dismay,
And encounter my shadow, speak.

I ask it, why this chance meet up?
It looks at me in surprise and replies,
“I tread with you in all paths bright,
But darkness keeps me out of your sight.”
When times difficult you leave me astray,
I say, opportunist betray.

Saddened by the harsh remark,
My shadow glides apart and says,
“If I had the soul of you,
I could fight the darkness through.”
Until your strength takes a stand,
I say, Shadow, you better hide in black.


© Copyright Salvwi Prasad (POETICbug)
Creative Commons Licence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments help me improve.

You may also like to read

Creative Commons Licence
All posts of this blog by Salvwi Prasad is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 India License