Blogger Widgets

Rugged Blue Cap

( For the parents who are “Grand”, our Grandparents)

I stood counting the grains of sand,
As the wind kept adding more,
A blink's sleep to my eye,
Came in nature's furious furore,
Howling loud,
Gulping throughout,
Notorious monster,
That smirking cloud.

A little leaf trembling,
Fallen off her mother,
Held by a pebble,
A friend to one another,
The lazy sand,
Swirled all over,
Broke a wheel,
A tent, kettle and a tumbler.

An old rugged blue cap,
Was stomped, yet it dared,
To reach its master,
Lost somewhere,
"Wait", I hear someone call,
Emerged from the gust,
Bravery in its form small,
He strongly said, "I must".

"I must get the cap",
Racing against the wind,
In an unlimited lap,
That determined mind,
I called him aloud and asked,
Why do you brave this gale?
"It belongs to my Grandpa,
Sitting there paralysed and pale."

"He always got me my candy,
All better he was when"
A year of silence,
Passed through me then,
The sand, wind and its fury,
Touched by his innocent love,returned,
But Grandpa continued staring above.

© Copyright Salvwi Prasad (POETICbug)
Creative Commons Licence

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful images you have created with your words Salvwi.

    I loved how you used nature and its elements suggesting a layered and a deeper meaning to the words you used.

    Nice read

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salvwi, that's beautiful and touching.. Loved how you've woven the tale in this poem.. innocent love.. from both the sides.. how could nature not bow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I love the vibe of your blog! I'm also participating in the Ultimate Blogging Challenge, I'd love if you'd check out my blog:)
    http://cutie-pi.blogspot.com/
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Hannah. I will definitely be checking your posts. Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

      Delete
  4. so beautiful :) write more :)

    i blog at http://jrnywithprabhu.blogspot.in :) hope you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Sachin :)
      I like the theme of your blog. Good reviews by you.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments help me improve.

You may also like to read

Creative Commons Licence
All posts of this blog by Salvwi Prasad is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 India License