Blogger Widgets

Proposal, Promises and to keep it true

POETICbug_Blogadda-ShareTheLoad

When I came across #ShareTheLoad, Share the love with Ariel! at Blogadda, I thought this was the perfect pitch to write on. More importantly because I have a husband who not just believes in this through words rather by his actions. It has been 10 years to our knowing each other. We have traversed from the dating phase to being engaged and then finally now a married couple.And in all these phases we stood by each other in the smallest and biggest moments. We were understanding towards each other’s situation and provided the space we needed. But that was not just until the wedding but beyond that.


After our wedding I assumed that like every other household stories I have heard and seen through my life, mine would be the same. I thought I would have to oscillate between my work life and household chores while my husband would not have to deal with this. But he proved me wrong and I apologized for my assumption.

We always share the household chores – cooking, cleaning, laundry, paying bills or grocery. Each and every responsibility of our home is not designated to one but both of us. And we take that up graciously. Other than supporting each other through our financial storms we have taken care to deal out household routines as well. This has definitely made our relationship stronger. We both can understand each other’s difficulties and the blame-game is something, we rarely play at our home. Life becomes easier when you have a partner who works along with you. Sharing the household load definitely means less complains, lesser blames and least worries.

Since my blog is all about poetry, I would conclude this post with a poem on the same topic.

Proposal, Promises and to keep it true,
I loved it all because of you,
A decade of our lives we have shared,
Courtship, Engagement and a Wedding date,
We took vows, all seven of them,
To stand by each other, in happiness and pain.

You brew the morning tea aroma,
While I clean the last night dishes drama,
When I think of what to prepare,
You chop the veggies every day,
Come night-time and dinner knocks the door,
You share with me this daily chore,
How happy I feel when you offer your help,
to do the laundry and clean the shelves!
Grocery list and the bills to pay,
We share it graciously on our way.

You wanted to study and I continued work,
Then you supported me, when I lost my job,
We said to each other all we can,
Cling together in summer, winter and rain.
In so many good and rough times,
We held it strong and chimed,
The stress of life minimized too small,
When you and I shared it all,
Because a house is called a home when,
husband and wife, equally give and take.

NB: I am writing for the #ShareTheLoad activity at BlogAdda.com in association with Ariel.

Image Credits - Blogadda Team
Post © Copyright Salvwi Prasad (POETICbug)
Creative Commons Licence

8 comments:

  1. Super, loved the lines Salvwi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful !
    Am joining your poetic journey Salvwi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautifully written, Salvwi :) I loved it. This explains how wonderfully you and your husband have bonded doing the daily chores of life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post to show the finer nuances of a relationship. Loved the poem. May you win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Saru. Appreciate your good wishes. :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments help me improve.

You may also like to read

Creative Commons Licence
All posts of this blog by Salvwi Prasad is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 India License