Blogger Widgets

Escape the block

POETICbug_Escape the block

I desperately scribble on the paper,
As if it would write something onto itself,
I barely get a line completed,
All I want is to escape this block,
This block in my mind; in my life,
Where stagnancy has become permanent,
A hurdle after every inch of movement,
Every time I start afresh,
The same confusion bites again,
The gap between the two questions,
What should be done?
What I want to do?

Never seems to collapse,
I wear a barbed tiara,
It will give bruises and cuts,
I know and I fear them none,
What I need is the dose of courage
to escape the block –
in my mind, in my life.

Image Credits - Google Images
Poem © Copyright Salvwi Prasad (POETICbug)
Creative Commons Licence

6 comments:

  1. I was blocked in life for a long, long time. I went through depression because of it. But I kept telling myself that things would change when they're meant to, and they did. We just have to be patient. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chrys. I agree with you. Patience is the key. :)

      Delete
  2. Can't tell you how much I identified with this feeling. Had suffered from it for years.....have gained back the courage to read and write....the passion is back again....But it took years....Very well-expressed....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sunaina. It is good to hear that you returned to your passion. :)

      Delete
  3. And with all the dilemma you weave amazing lines. What better than a writer's block then for you I say ;) Well written!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments help me improve.

You may also like to read

Creative Commons Licence
All posts of this blog by Salvwi Prasad is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 India License