Blogger Widgets

Elephant ride

Enormous grey soft seat,
Supported on four strong wheels,
Two fans beating the wind on my face,
Ivory hangers for the swing,
Trunk that lifts me upright,
O how I enjoyed my Elephant ride!

Swaying left and right,
Atop an ecstasy rush,
Hearing a gigantic heartbeat,
So similar to mine,
No King, Queen or Knight,
O how I enjoyed my Elephant ride ! 

TRIVIA
----------
{ Remembering an old childhood memory.}

Day 5 - Letter E submission for  April A to Z Challenge 2013.
                 


&copy Copyright Salvwi Prasad[POETICbug]

6 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful, love the detail about the heartbeat, adds much depth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this made me remember an old story abt the Bind men and te elephant.

    Simple n good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you actually ridden an elephant? That would be so cool. Elephants are so cute. I also liked the heartbeat line. Great poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks "ME" and Shell for your appreciation. :)
    Thanks and Do continue visiting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments help me improve.

You may also like to read

Creative Commons Licence
All posts of this blog by Salvwi Prasad is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 India License