Blogger Widgets

Insomniac

I’m on the sea-shore, inside the shack,
The breeze singing lullaby yet sleep I lack,
Searching our rendezvous’ reminiscence,
Under the blanket of your absence,
Am I missing you or I am just an insomniac?

TRIVIA
----------
{ An insomniac's romantic encounter and hence the confusion of the obvious sleeplessness. }
Just tried the AABBA rhyming used in limerick, though this isn't of that genre entirely. Or may be. What do you think ?

Day 9 - Letter I submission for April A to Z Challenge 2013.
                      


&copy Copyright Salvwi Prasad[POETICbug]

10 comments:

  1. Is it Day 9 or Day 10...the poster says I and 10. Used to do a lot of poetry on a blog years ago. The AABB or ABAB etc. tried them all out and had such fun. Your blog is inspiring me to get back to it. Here's the link to one blog where a group of us decided to put down our nonsense back in the day :)

    http://desipotterybarn.blogspot.in/

    I'm Just Jane in there. My current blog: http://suetospeak.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and i can relate...used to be an insomniac :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done!

    Blogging from A to Z April Challenge
    http://www.shellygoodmanwright.com/apps/blog/show/25551594-inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sumita.... The 10 in the pic is the date.... It's definitely Day 9..

    Thanks Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your poem, it captures the feeling of unrequited love beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it. This month I am an insomniac. A to Z crazy here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your poem! It seemed to follow the limerick format in the first four lines. Nice images.

    #AtoZChallenge

    SiouxsiesMusings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazingly Bful :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments help me improve.

You may also like to read

Creative Commons Licence
All posts of this blog by Salvwi Prasad is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 India License