Blogger Widgets

Summer's welcome kiss

{March 2013}

Said summer to me, what's my mistake ?
If God created me to dry the lake,
You know not how much it ails,
Silently watching thirst prevail,
Every breath burning to ash,
I snivel , I feel abash,
You curse me with each drop of sweat,
Oh! I wish I had rain's fate,
Trees droop and the land pants,
Cornered I am, to hear every life rant,
Dry leaves and empty streets rot,
I ask The Sun, why do you gloat ?
The mango grooves and watermelon juice,
My humble attempt for a truce,
Longing for love and tinge of care,
To request, I dare,
If only, my touch ever bestows bliss,
Promise me, I would have my welcome kiss.

TRIVIA
----------
{ We so often dread summer except the vacation. But being a summer born how could I not reveal Summer's pain. So here is what summer told me. }

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments help me improve.

You may also like to read

Creative Commons Licence
All posts of this blog by Salvwi Prasad is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 India License